about 1 month ago
A well established corporate services firm is seeking to employ a Senior Adviser in the field of AML/CFT. The successful candidate will be leading and contributing to financial crime compliance advisory projects, including the carrying out of process audits, gap analysis, simulated on-site inspections, the drafting and/or review of policies and procedures, the drafting and/or review of staff manuals, assistance with the drawing up and implementation of remediation plans and providing ongoing technical and operational assistance to MLROs and Compliance Officers.
Job duties include:
- Assisting clients with the drawing up and updating of AML/CFT risk assessments.
- Carrying out internal and external reviews of the adequacy of policies and procedures and their implementation, and the drawing up of reports and remediation plans.
- Where the firm is appointed for this purpose, carrying out and contributing to the coordination of regulatory examinations.
- Participation in both short and long-term projects in which the firm's staff are either seconded to clients or carry out compliance-related duties at the offices of clients. Tasks undertaken could include sanctions screening, the review of suspicious transactions, ongoing transaction monitoring, file reviews, account reviews, file remediation and the carrying out of customer risk assessments.
- Leading AML/CFT projects and providing support to team members to ensure that all projects are executed in a timely manner.
- Coaching, mentoring, and guiding other advisors.
- Delivering AML/CFT training workshops.
- Providing internal support to the companies forming part of the firm's group of companies.
- Development and management of systems adopted by the department, ensuring their effectiveness and efficiency.
- University level of education and/or relevant professional qualifications
- 3 years or more of previous working experience ideally in corporate services environment
- Previous working experience in Malta
- Maltese language will be considered as a strong asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills.