Attractive with benefits
15 days ago
This specific function will be reporting to the Chief Actuary, and the successful candidate shall be providing a wide range of actuarial services to the Malta Insurance entity.
Job duties include:
- To contribute to the actuarial and risk integrity of the work of the business.
- To undertake a variety of work within the IFRS 17 Project, including model development, model change documentation, model documentation, user acceptance testing and end to end testing.
- To undertake various activities within the Malta Actuarial Function, including data preparation, experience analysis, modelling, IFRS reporting, local statutory reporting, economic capital calculations, pricing, model governance and ad-hoc project work.
- To execute various controls within actuarial activities and ensure that the outcome of these are communicated to management as required.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- An actuarial student or actuarial professional who has given up exams (FIA or equivalent) with at least one-year experience undertaking actuarial work.
- Is able to apply knowledge of financial services products to a working environment
- Knowledge of Excel, VBA, SAS and/or Prophet
- Good understanding of the actuarial activities carried out in a Life Insurance company and appropriate level of product knowledge
- An understanding of the IFRS 17 standard
- Ability to communicate information in a confident and structure manner to all levels of management.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Employee share plans and discretionary pay awards based on performance
- Private pension plan which is voluntary and the bank financially supports towards
- Attractive annual leave e.g. minimum entitlement 30/34 days for full timers working 5/6 day week
- Additional leave (paid and unpaid) to cover various life events and work/life balance (e.g. marriage, child-care, paternity, study)
- Professional Qualifications Re-imbursement
- Life and Personal Accident insurance
- Free banking services which include reduced interest rates on mortgage and personal loans
- Health Insurance scheme and medical check-ups.
- Child-care subsidy schemes
- Flexible and remote working