Attractive with benefits
3 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
This specific function will be reporting to the Chief Actuary, and the successful candidate shall be providing a wide range of actuarial services to the Malta Insurance entity.
Job duties include:
- To contribute to the actuarial and risk integrity of the work of the business.
- To undertake a variety of work within the IFRS 17 Project, including model development, model change documentation, model documentation, user acceptance testing and end to end testing.
- To undertake various activities within the Malta Actuarial Function, including data preparation, experience analysis, modelling, IFRS reporting, local statutory reporting, economic capital calculations, pricing, model governance and ad-hoc project work.
- To execute various controls within actuarial activities and ensure that the outcome of these are communicated to management as required.
- An actuarial student or actuarial professional who has given up exams (FIA or equivalent) with at least one-year experience undertaking actuarial work.
- Is able to apply knowledge of financial services products to a working environment
- Knowledge of Excel, VBA, SAS and/or Prophet
- Good understanding of the actuarial activities carried out in a Life Insurance company and appropriate level of product knowledge
- An understanding of the IFRS 17 standard
- Ability to communicate information in a confident and structure manner to all levels of management.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Employee share plans and discretionary pay awards based on performance
- Private pension plan which is voluntary and the bank financially supports towards
- Attractive annual leave e.g. minimum entitlement 30/34 days for full timers working 5/6 day week
- Additional leave (paid and unpaid) to cover various life events and work/life balance (e.g. marriage, child-care, paternity, study)
- Professional Qualifications Re-imbursement
- Life and Personal Accident insurance
- Free banking services which include reduced interest rates on mortgage and personal loans
- Health Insurance scheme and medical check-ups.
- Child-care subsidy schemes
- Flexible and remote working