about 1 month ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A well established international insurance company is currently seeking to recruit a senior accountant who shall be reporting to the senior manager. The selected individual shall be responsible for the European entity based in Malta.
- Calculate monthly billing, to prepare and issue invoices
- Carry out weekly and monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, general accruals, and prepayments
- Complete monthly journal entries and support the team to efficiently and accurately carry out month-end close including balance sheet reconciliation preparation
- Produce monthly analysis of variances in the results to budgets and forecasts
- Maintain country by country retail premiums reconciliation required for MFSA and audit requirements
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual regulatory submissions to the MFSA, keeping up to date with any changes and new requirements
- Provide assistance with the annual statutory audit, preparing requested reports and resolving any queries from the auditors
- Provide support for additional ad-hoc accounting duties
- Qualified accountant
- Proactive and able to manage own workload
- Good communicator and team player
- Experience of working with multi currencies, multiple suppliers and people across a complex business
- NetSuite or relevant ERP software experience desirable