6 days ago
21 Jun 00:00
Sparkasse Bank Malta plc
Securities & Custody Department - Asset Servicing Division
As a result of our continuous growth, a vacancy has arisen for a Securities Officer within our Securities & Custody Department, Asset Servicing Team. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to gain wider knowledge of the intricate processes of the servicing of a wide array of asset classes, while contributing to the success of the business and an opportunity to develop their career in tandem with a growing company.
The Securities Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day processing of corporate actions of a wide range of securities which the Bank provides Custody safekeeping services for. The candidate will also be responsible for the upkeep of the Bank’s master database in line with the Bank’s procedures as well as the effective maintenance of the day-to-day asset servicing requirements, including, but not solely restricted to, price updates, security setups, and general Asset Servicing administrative duties within the Securities & Custody Department.
Main duties are general administration tasks of the Securities & Custody Department, including, but not limited to:
· Filing, scanning and saving, archiving of physical records in line with the process manual;
· Weekly transaction reconciliation of corporate action payments;
· Assisting in the daily corporate action notification process through data received from various counterparties;
· Setting up of securities in the Bank’s master database and effecting necessary updates;
· Booking of voluntary and mandatory corporate actions (including foreign exchange transactions, where applicable);
· Daily price updates;
· Securities reconciliations against Bank counterparties’ records;
· Ongoing initiative to identify processes which ensure more effective modus operandi of the Securities department;
· Effective communication with counterparties relating to the processing of corporate actions;
· Resolving external and internal queries relating to corporate actions;
· Attend monthly department meetings;
· Keep abreast of all banking rules, regulations and directives issued by the MFSA / ESMA and other related bodies which are relevant to daily duties;
· Take on any necessary training that is required from time to time, including training that is required due to change in internal processes and procedures;
· Any ad hoc tasks which may be required from time to time.
Qualifications / Requirements:
· A College or University Degree would be considered an asset;
· Proven experience within the securities and custody industry would be considered an asset;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Hands on with can do attitude ;
· Analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail;
· Proactive, focused and able to plan and consistently meet deadlines;
· Strong command of English, both oral and written;
· Strong command of Microsoft Excel;
· Demonstrate analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail;
· Capable of building productive relationships with colleagues.
Extensive training will be provided & an attractive package is offered to the right candidate.