11 months ago
A well established institution is seeking to employ a Risk Officer, to be responsible for the overall management of the risk team.
- Analyse and assess risks across the Functions within the Institution.
- Analyse jurisdictional trends and internal trends to determine risk mitigating strategies required to meet the Institution’s strategic intents.
- Assist in the development of risk management tools including Key Risk Indicators and enhancing the risk scoring tool to determine the overall risk the Institution is exposed to.
- Draft reports and analyses of risk management nature.
- Draft risk management policies and procedures.
- Conduct regularly risk assessments and develop and maintain an effective risk response plan.
- Monitor and report on the Institution’s risk performance.
- Keep abreast with the industry's legislation and regulatory framework.
- Advise internally stakeholders on risk mitigation techniques.
- Liaise with the Functions of the First and Third Line of Defence within the Institution as well as with external stakeholders.
- In possession of a first degree in a relevant field.
- Postgraduate degrees in risk management are not mandatory, but shall be considered an asset.
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience in a risk related area. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- Sound understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used to manage risk within an organization.
- Be able to establish an effective risk communication plan and a risk recording and reporting process.
- Possess a critical thought, excellent analytical and numerical skills and an eye for detail.
- Excellent command of English.
- Excellent ability to produce numerical and written reports for a varied audience.
- Ability to organise and present findings and recommendations in a constructive manner (both verbal and written).