€50,000 - €60,000
about 1 year ago
30 Jan 00:00
An international Insurance Company is looking for a Risk Manager (Insurance) who will be accountable for the performance of the Risk Management function.
The Insurance Risk Manager will have a variety of tasks and responsibilities as follows:
- To help maintain the Risk Management Framework systems and processes, and to support the identification and evaluation of the key risks facing the company
- To collate and validate risk information mainly from the other key functions of the company
- To liaise with the Actuarial and Finance functions in the valuation of Technical provisions
- To assist in the completion of corporate risk models and the standard formula
- Assisting with risk management processes such as the risk and control self-assessment process (ORSA)
- Assist in the completion of quantitative reporting templates (QRT's)
- Maintaining compliance with the system of governance requirements under Solvency II and promoting sound corporate governance practices
- Business continuity plan, succession plan management and coordination of operational risk mapping
- Implement the Risk Appetite policy and ensuring that it reflects the current and future risk profile of the business.
- Ensure actuarial work is appropriately produced and communicated
- Build relationships with MGA(s) and/or Authorized (underwriting) agents in order to achieve a good overview with regard to the risks and mitigating actions regarding the outsourced processes
- Provide strategic advice to the Insurance management team and timely information concerning risk profiles and emerging risk issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, insurance, finance, mathematics or similar subjects
- Risk Management or financial services qualification from a reputable professional or tertiary education institution
- Experience in managing risks in an insurance business
- Good understanding of the nature and dynamics of Risk and financial markets where the market context is highly complex, rapidly changing or is unprecedented
- Strong knowledge of the insurance market, underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local regulatory environments and guidelines
- Availability for travel abroad to meet and/or audit clients/partnering agents