13 days ago
The successful candidate shall join a growing Legal & Compliance Department, reporting to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer.
Job duties include:
- Responsible for ensuring that the company's policies and procedures comply with regulatory and ethical standards
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal and compliance guidelines and internal policies
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Draft, modify and implement company policies
- Collaborate with various departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Perform periodic compliance risk assessments and establish a compliance monitoring programme
- Lead employee training sessions on compliance issues
- Assess the company’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Prepare compliance reports for the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer and external regulatory bodies as required
- Act as a contact point with regulatory bodies and the payment card schemes as required
Skills and Experience required:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Regulatory Compliance Officer, or similar position in the banking or payments industry. Candidates that have completed a PQ (Personal Questionnaire) with the MFSA will be considered as a valuable asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the payments industry standards/processes and regulations (including the payment card schemes regulations)
- Experience in communicating with local regulators. Experience in communicating with the payment card schemes will be considered to be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in law, finance, business administration or related field
- Certification as a compliance professional