about 1 year ago
31 Jan 00:00
The primary responsibility of the Quality Assurance Team would be to act as a customer representative in Quality Assurance Activities of new technology products and services. To perform this this role s/he would be responsible for;
- Vetting and reviewing design documents submitted by product architects and owners.
- Estimating efforts for all phases of the testing cycles.
- Designing, authoring and executing test scripts.
- Recording and documenting all test outcomes and defects in the issue tracking system.
- Adhering to test plans, task assignments and providing status reports as required.
- Taking a pro-active and dynamic approach towards problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Extracting and reporting status updates and KPIs to the QA Team Lead and Project Managers.
- Gathering and managing all the necessary documentation related to quality assurance such as test results and project release documents.
- Maintaining a healthy communication with all project stakeholders.
- Regularly measuring the quality of deliverables from the development teams and vendors to provide useful KPIs to the technology managers.
- Ensuring that products adhere to the agreed functional / non-functional specifications and the final product is fit for purpose and use.
- Proposing improvements and suggestions across the board to encourage a CI mindset.
- Assuming an active role in post-mortem and improvement meetings from a quality perspective.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A degree or an equivalent certification in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in software testing or similar roles.
- Practical experience of testing tools such as SoapUI, Jmeter and mobile app emulators.
- Practical knowledge of SQL DML queries using Toad for Oracle, MSSQL Studio or any similar database clients.
- Knowledge of basic UNIX commands and clients.
- An ability to call RESTful and SOAP services and understand JSON and XML structures.
- A good understanding of software architecture principles and IT infrastructures
- Excellent command of the MS Office tools.
- Working experience with issue and time tracking tools such as JIRA.
- An intuitive skill and ability to troubleshoot, investigate and find root cause issues.
- Excellent writing, fluent oral communication and ability to work with an international team.
- An ISTQB certification will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge in automation and performance testing will be considered an asset.
- Skills in software development principles will be considered an asset.