over 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Reporting to the QA Lead, the purpose of the Test Analyst role is to plan, design and execute the testing of information systems, using appropriate testing tools and techniques, ensuring that they meet the business needs.
Department: R&D - Solutions Testing
- Performs test execution and reports test results
- Responsible for creating test cases and scripts using agreed methods and standards
- Responsible for the documentation of defects
- Contributes to the definition of testing strategies to be used throughout the department
- Interprets and executes test plans
- Undertakes all work in accordance with agreed technical and quality standards and using appropriate methods and tools in order to achieve well-engineered products
- Is able to plan, schedule and monitor own work within a limited time horizon, using effective applicable methods, procedures tools, equipment and standards
- Documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate
- Documents test failures and successes compared with pre-determined criteria, in accordance with agreed standards
- Produces test case suites, test scripts, and test procedures (with expected results) to be executed
- Uses normal operating facilities, test scripts, diagnostic tools, technical manuals and systems documentation to identify, diagnose and report on basic system errors.
- Active participation in relevant meetings such as requirement testing
- Where appropriate produces automated test scripts on approved tools
- Where appropriate produces automated performance test pack and executes the tests
- May be required to work out of office hours to test production deployments
- Knowledge of all aspects of software testing
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of a defect tracking tool eg Jira
- Knowledge of basic system architecture
- Knowledge of automation testing tool eg selenium
- Knowledge of performance testing tool eg LoadRunner
- Has a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to all work undertaken.
- Preferably certified at foundation level
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication ability covering all routine activity and contacts
- Pays close attention to detail
- Team player with ability to collaborate within different geographic regions
- Organised and proactive
- Results driven