about 1 year ago
30 May 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
We’re looking for a QA and Test Automation Lead who is passionate about software quality and has good communication skills. You will play a primary role in planning, implementing, leading and executing all aspects of software quality and test automation using industry best practices for release, configuration and implementation management.
If you have a strong background in software QA, a track record leading a team of software developers in test as well as the ability to determine, direct and implement a comprehensive test automation strategy, this is the right job for you!
Does this sound like you? This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent level of technical background gathered from other certifications and/or 3+ years of field experience in software quality assurance and software test automation.
- Demonstrated experience related to release management, configuration management, and change management.
- Understanding of industry standard application architectures, deployment best practices and software testing approaches.
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity) as well as Agile processes.
- Understanding of QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement, test and automate processes.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures.
- Hands on knowledge of automated testing for web services, web-based applications, desktop applications and mobile apps.
- Strong knowledge of QA and testing applications, APIs or tools, such as JUnit, JMeter, SonarQube, SoapUI, Postman, Selenium, Ranorex and Cucumber.
- Familiarity with applications and tools across the various DevOps domains, such as, Jira, Confluence, Git, Mercurial, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, OpenShift and Nexus.
- Working knowledge of programming languages prevalent in the industry.
- Experience working on different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and UNIX.
- Working knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL.
- Experience coordinating both on-shore and off-shore teams.
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases.
- High level of self-motivation, self-organization, orientation to detail, ability to prioritize many tasks and commitment to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
If this describes you, he e’s a glimpse of what you will be doing in this position:
- Acting as a key point of contact for all QA aspects of software development and test automation.
- Overseeing all aspects of QA in software development including establishing, monitoring and reporting upon suitable KPIs and metrics, ensuring industry best practices are applied, and developing or improving tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Interacting with product management, project management, development and operations teams to plan, validate and execute software releases and system rollouts.
- Working closely with the development team to help select tools, design infrastructure, implement automation and facilitate the software build/release process.
- Coordinating the use of testing and staging environments across teams and parallel initiatives, managing the calendar of deployments, identifing and resolve environment and resource needs and conflicts, and ensure that QA processes are followed throughout.
- Partnering with development and architecture teams to stay informed of new technologies being introduced and to ensure that system components are designed for testability.
- Managing and mentoring the test automation development team to develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures.
- Building, maintaining and continuously improve upon a comprehensive framework of automated tests.
- Coordinating the selection or generation of test data for automated testing.
- Liaising with the software delivery team to integrate automated testing within a CI/CD pipeline.
- Solving test automation blockers due to issues related to data, environments or other challenges.
- Keeping oneself up-to-date on prevailing QA and test automation practices and tools.
- Supporting the Software Delivery, QA and Test Automation team as required in meeting set objectives and strive for continuous improvement in all areas of activity.