Competitive Daily Rate
6 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
An established, leading company in the Media industry is seeking Senior PHP developer to join the IT team. In this position, you will collaborate with editors, producers, designers, and other developers to create features connected digital-first multimedia projects and other platforms. You will own and maintain the internal build process for special projects and assist with building a range of internal and external tools to extend the editorial team’s digital-storytelling capabilities.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of programming experience and at least two years of recent work in PHP 7.
- A [S.O.L.I.D.] understanding of OOP and Design Patterns.
- 2+ years of experience with a modern backend framework. We use CakePHP.
- Deep understanding of unit testing. You instinctively write test parallel to your code.
- Experience with using and building APIs.
- Full Git proficiency.
- Good understanding of CI/CD.
- Experience working in an agile team.
- Good communication skills and a self-motivated approach to troubleshooting.
- Experience with working on high volume websites which could create a huge spike in traffic on certain occasions. In the last three years, on several occasions, it served over 4 million pages in a day.
- Experience with React.
- Experience with DevOps and Linux system administration.
- Experience with scalable applications deployed in the cloud.
Proficiency in Python will bring extra points.