€25,000 - €27,000
4 days ago
Job duties include:
- Assist management on underwriting policy and practices.
- Respond to internal and external client queries in person, by phone e-mail or fax.
- Prepare quotes and issue new policies and renewals within established limits and according to documented procedures.
- Input data into the underwriting software system.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive - Europe, Senior management or the Core team.
- Supervise and assist team members with day-to-day activities.
- Responsible for Performance management, staff training and development of the personal lines team.
- Make underwriting decisions to attract new or retain existing business.
- Deliver a high level of customer service to clients and introducers/intermediaries during face-to-face contact, on the telephone and by email.
- Liaise with clients, introducers/intermediaries, claims unit and/or underwriting regarding clients’ claims or clients’ insurance needs.
- Liaise with, assist Finance Department with direct, and introducers/intermediaries queries.
- Collect premium payments for all Personal Lines clients. Deal with daily cash income from clients and equally balance the entries by the end of each day.
- Encourage cross selling of products.
- Chase clients and introducers/intermediaries for renewals and make appropriate notes on the underwriting system.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- 3 years previous experience within the insurance industry
- Willingness to progress toward relevant professional designations (e.g., ACII, etc.)
- Computer literate.
- Mathematical ability
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in Maltese shall be seen as a strong advantage
- Working Knowledge of Insurance products policies, procedures, clients and markets.
- Bonus up to 10%
- Life Insurance + Health Insurance