6 months ago
17 Mar 00:00
- Responsibility for packet switched networks infrastructure installation, operation and maintenance with main focus on the Packet Core nodes
- Coordinate Commissioning and testing of Packet Switched Nodes and interfaces to all interconnected network nodes
- Assist in the dimensioning and capacity planning of the packet core infrastructure
- Assist IP and Transport Networks Manager in analysis and planning exercises
- Responsibility for connectivity with other network Nodes and other operators network nodes
- Perform regular routines on Networks entities
- Carry out design & specifications for upgrading or installing new systems/processes, including evaluation of new software/hardware features.
- Draw up acceptance test procedures in conjunction with suppliers to be able to carry out the agreed acceptance testing.
- Create adhoc reports based on statistics collected on the various interfaces
- Liaise with other sections in order to carry out the support function.
- Carry out system monitoring and perform network optimisation and preventive maintenance
- Gathering problem symptoms, and implementing corrective action where applicable
- Carry out installations/upgrades and/or assist turnkey suppliers where applicable, ensuring smooth migration with minimal service disruption
- Carry out the above duties outside office hours where deemed necessary.
- Perform and undergo staff training as required by the Company.
- Assist the Commercial Operations team in the design and solution proposal to customers.
- 1 – 2 years of experience working on projects which are networks related
- Possession of MQF level 6 certification, preferably in electronics, computing or engineering.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
- CCNA certification
- Preferably with good knowledge of VMWare and virtualisation
- Preferably worked in service provider environment