9 months ago
04 Aug 00:00
Are you a motivated team player who relishes a challenge, delivers results, and learns from each new experience? It the answer is Yes, please read on.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, effective, and experienced Systems Specialist to join our growing team. In this position, you will use your expertise to develop, improve, and maintain our OSSs such as Network Inventory, GIS, Service Activation, Trouble-ticketing systems and more. You will focus on leading the investigation and trouble shooting of issues that arise in the system(s) by assigning, allocating, and following up such issues with suppliers and the stakeholders involved through appropriate issue tracking systems (mainly JIRA).
You will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure operating systems, and software systems are fully operational and in line with the roadmap.
If you want to gain valuable and varied business experience, work in a fast-paced environment, solve open-ended problems, and “peek behind the curtains” at how cutting-edge IT supports and protects businesses, then we’d love to hear from you!
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Have a Diploma in IT or Telecoms related subject;
- Experience in operating various OSSs within a telecoms environment;
- Good communication skills with colleagues and suppliers, in English, both spoken and written.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- Have a Degree or equivalent in IT or Telecoms related subject;
- Experience in administering OSSs;
- Experience in using JIRA;
- Experience working in an agile development environment;
- Basic knowledge of REST, SOAP, Messaging; and testing such integration points;
- Basic knowledge of SQL on Oracle and/or MS SQL and/or Postgres;
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Windows; for Windows incl IIS, for Linux Apache/Nginx;
- Basic Knowledge of networking;
- Knowledge in the TMForum Application Framework;
- Basic project management skills.
If this describes you, here’s a glimpse of what you will be doing in this position:
- Covering the stages from procuring, developing, integrating, modifying, customizing, configuring, upgrading, operating, maintaining, monitoring and disposing the owned systems;
- Acquiring knowledge on the assigned system(s);
- Analysing and proposing solutions to OSS roadmap coming from yourself, software lead development or the Product Owner;
- Providing support to all the other team members covering complex tasks in the external and internal to the team;
- Providing expert input to technical discussions regarding the owned systems to use in the OSS domain;
- Managing interaction with vendors, and provide support for solution budgets in terms of OPEX/CAPEX.