€35,000 - €45,000
6 months ago
Liquid error: internal
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Exciting opportunity to join a Fintech company based in Malta as an Oracle Specialist.
- Installation of Oracle products including updates to recent versions and planning/ implementation of backup and recovery of Oracle databases.
- Evaluation of Oracle product releases and its tools, and third-party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate. This would include planning to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Controlling migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implementation and enforcing of security for all of the Oracle products.
- Performing database re-organizations as required ensuring maximum uptime of the database.
- Putting standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
- Providing technical support to application development teams.
- Assistance with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Management of the sharing of resources amongst applications.
- Good skills in all Oracle tools.
- A good knowledge of the operating system(s) and of physical database design.
- Ability to perform both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
- Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management and of how Oracle acquires and manages resources and the way it enforces data integrity.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.