4 months ago
16 Feb 00:00
A technology company is recruiting a DBA to create and maintain databases required for development, testing, education and production usage.
- Constant updating of the database instances.
- Installing new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools
- Planning and implementation of backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Controlling migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle as well as implementing and enforcing security for all of the Oracle Databases and having standards in place for proper integrity and performance
- Administering all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Relevant degree and different qualifications considered an asset
- Experience performing both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments
- Experience providing a strategic database direction for the organisation
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios, Oracle security management, Oracle acquires and manages resources, and the way Oracle enforces data integrity
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- ?A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.