8 months ago
02 Dec 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Taste Technology! We are looking for energetic individuals interested in boosting their career within a technical environment. GO's Technical Team is looking for a NOC Technical Officer.
It would be essential for you to have:
- Technical qualifications such as an ICT Diploma or similar;
- Work experience in a similar environment / commitment to learn and gain knowledge on technologies such as:
- Transport and Transmission systems including WDM, MPLS, Metro Ethernet and SDH
- IP security
- ISP aggregation
- ISP services such as email, DNS, and web services
- Mobile network elements (Voice/Packet Core, IN) & technologies (2G, 3G, LTE).
We would prefer if you'd also:
- Have a CCNA certification or better;
- Have 2 years’ experience in an IT operational environment, running IT/Telecommunication services in a NOC on a 24x7 basis;
- Be willing to progress your career within the Service Operations Center (SOC) teams.
Does this describe you? Here's a glimpse of what you will be doing in this role:
- Work closely with the SOC team to facilitate and accelerate the resolution of Network issues;
- Adopt and possibly improve troubleshooting procedures and practices employed by the SOC team;
- Network monitoring and management of SLA and other corporate customers such as Financial Institutions, Government Departments and agencies, Gaming Companies etc.;
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the Company’s IP/Broadband, Metro Ethernet Network, Gigabit, SDH, MPLS and Mobile Packet Networks through the operation of the respective Network Management Systems including the International and Local IP Internet Exchange;
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the Company’s Telephony (Fixed and Mobile) services both local and international through the use of the respective Network Management Systems and tools - including VOBB/SIP, Mobile core network elements (Voice/Packet Core, IN) and Mobile technologies (2G, 3G, LTE);
- Proactively monitor the performance of all the Network Elements in order to forecast potential issues and advise the third level teams or customers to take the necessary actions;
- Providing assistance and operational technical support to other internal teams and co-location clients either over the phone or on-site, including the company’s data centres;
- Ensuring that the services offered to the Company’s customers are of the highest quality from a technical point of view through the use of fault and performance monitoring of the networks and making sure that any down time is kept to a minimum;
- Assist superiors in the execution of projects, in the implementation of preventive and corrective maintenance, in the compilation of statistics, in the execution of operational procedures, configurations and other ad-hoc tasks;
- Liaise with peer technicians or Call Centres of suppliers, foreign operators and other sections within the Company as required;
- Responsibility to acquire the necessary competence for the maintenance and operation through active participation in training programs and by taking initiative to acquire further knowledge during the course of your duties;
- The employee may, from time to time, be required to attend training outside office hours. All the training shall be provided and covered by GO;
- Responsibility to provide training to other members of staff in the company as necessary;
- Manage and maintain the company’s Monitoring Systems;
- Fault handling and escalation
- Identify and respond to faults on GO's systems and networks, liaise with third party suppliers, handle in a timely manner any escalation and follow it through to resolution;
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring of HVAC, UPS and generators);
- Maintenance of technical documentation of processes and procedures used throughout operations;
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly in regard to GO's own architecture and platforms.