5 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A shipping company based in Floriana is looking for a Network Operations Center Technician. The company is a leading and reputable player in the shipping industry, with offices/operating branches in Naples and Augusta (Italy), London, Singapore, Malta, Buenos Aires, Philippines and Colombia.
- Answer incoming calls pertaining to NOC related issues.
- Triage the contacts received to best determine the resolution team.
- Asking relevant questions to determine the root cause of the issue.
- Document and track all issues and resolutions, as well as the incident management system, including postmortem reporting and analysis.
- Ensure calls are answered, alerts are sent out to appropriate parties, and bridge lines initiated, to help speed the recovery of the problem.
- Send updates to the appropriate parties on a frequent basis until the resolution is reached. The resolution is then tracked under the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process.
- Research and track emerging network operations technologies.
- Monitor the NOC dashboards, and other monitoring tools for any physical and virtual systems for any issues that may impact the health of the company.
- Contribute to the technical knowledge base by adding or editing knowledge articles for consistency and sustainability.
- Communicate incident trends to the Information Technology team meetings.
- Answer help desk calls for technical and process related questions and issues.
- Assist in company wide software patches and deployments using our deployment tools.
- Monitor and report on company hardware and software assets.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the supervisor and/or team lead.
- Diploma in the field of ICT.
- 2-years' experience in a similar role.
- Organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices
- Evidence of working knowledge of several of the following:
- Windows Operating System,
- Basic TCP/IP networking protocols Active Directory knowledge and usage,
- Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet and preferably office 365.