8 months ago
23 Nov 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Network Engineer / Senior Network Engineer
Bring your skills to life! Are you an ambitions person who wants to join our legion of heroes, that is, the infamous Technical Team?
If you’re ready to kick-start this adventure, you will be reporting to the Manager IP Core and Optical Transport. You will operate from the Head Office in Marsa, and like every other Super hero, besides the regular office-hours job you will also provide 24x7 Support on a roaster on call basis. Expectations are high but the satisfaction is guaranteed.
We encourage you to apply whether you are a senior or a fresh graduate. It’s all about your attitude.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Has a Degree in a telecommunications related field or equivalent;
- Has good knowledge of Windows, Linux and scripting languages like Python;
- Has good communication skills;
- Be a strong team player;
- Be fluent in spoken and written English in view of constant liaising with international parties;
- Be in possession of a valid driving license.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- Has an industry-standard certifications such as CCNA/CCNP;
- Has experience working on an IP/MPLS Network (or related environment); however new graduates are encouraged to apply.
Does this describe you? Here's a glimpse of what you will be doing in this role:
- Designing, building, operating, managing and maintaining the company’s International GWs, CORE IP Network, BRAS, Radius, RAN Backhaul and PtoP accessing switches, as well as operating and maintaining the related Network Management Systems;
- Implementing network security policies by analysing and establishing security requirements identifying threats and working on steps to defend against them;
- Ensuring audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and are in compliance with policies and audit requirements;
- Collecting and analysing statistical data of the network to ensure the appropriate forecasting, dimensioning and sizing of the various Network elements so as to meet the demand for Service Provisioning as well as maintain the required Service Levels;
- Developing and updating disaster recovery procedures;
- Providing technical input in the compilation of tender specifications and vendor selection;
- Implementing appropriate operational procedures in accordance with international norms and standards in order to ensure that system downtime is minimised and a high-level quality of service guaranteed;
- Proactively seeking ways how the IP Network can be leveraged and developed with a view to introducing new revenue generating products and services;
- Continuously seeking to increase the IP CORE operational efficiency and introducing appropriate mechanisms to control costs by acting as a reference point for technical/operational problems reported by subordinates;
- Providing on the job training when necessary;
- Assisting and liaising with other sections in designing, building and operating, of customers’ networks;
- Providing 3rd level support and liaising directly with third parties, including clients and suppliers for technical problem resolution on a 24x7 basis.