about 2 months ago
26 Apr 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
- Responsible for all network operations and maintenance of all systems to ensure compliance and sustainability
- Ensure procedures and guidelines are adhered to and all network operation changes are well documented
- Involved in projects led by the Architecture Department/Network Services Management team and occasionally report to the Project Management team
- Strives for continuous improvement while ensuring that the infrastructure reaches maximum performance, availability and most of all security
- Approving system testing and plans with Internal Support & Security while ensuring that all responsibilities are clarified, projects agreed on and decisions are communicated clearly throughout
- Optimizing the efficiency of the network while supervising technical & operational compliance of all networking systems to make sure that security measures are abided to
- Creating and maintaining documentation related to network configuration, mapping, processes and service records
- Ensure that tasks are thoroughly recorded, profiles maintained and any maintenance carried out on servers/devices readily traceable, and keep them running reliably.
- Troubleshooting any connectivity issues in order to minimize downtime
- Be the last line of support function and provide assistance to others
- Participating in an on-call roster
- Utilize network management systems to monitor, diagnose, control, alert and measure performance of network.
- Ideally possess a BSc. degree and/or a CCNP Certification
- Have 4+ years experience in Enterprise Networks
- Experience with WAN enterprise hardware
- A sound understanding of Global Networks and Peering
- Experience with system lifecycle management like software/hardware upgrades from a remote location
- Extensive knowledge of IPv6 and migration methods, routing protocols, switching, Security, VPN & MPLS
- Strong knowledge of HA, failover systems and DDoS Protection systems
- Working knowledge of VMWare NSX components.
- Strong business orientation with a demonstrated knowledge of the IT industry is desired
- Ability to communicate with and an adaptability to the needs of non-technical internal and external clients.