Euro 50,000 to Euro 60,000
about 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Well established international payments company is seeking to employ an MLRO & Compliance Officer for its offices in Malta.
Job duties include:
- Compile a Compliance Plan and ensure adherence to such plan
- Develop, maintain, revise and ensure execution of a compliance policy and other policies necessary as per the regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance to all applicable laws and regulations
- Develop processes that are fit for purpose
- Be involved and support customer due diligence
- Ensure adherence to deadlines of the various reports to the Regulator
- Liaise with the MFSA as regulator as and when necessary
- Design and roll-out of internal compliance training and preparation of training materials
- Drive the compliance culture within the company
- The successful candidate shall act as an approved person by MFSA for MLRO and Compliance function or any other regulatory authority, as deemed necessary
- The MLRO is responsible for ensuring that the company has achieved and maintains compliance with all current and future regulatory requirements in relation to AML/CFT
- The MLRO is also to ensure that the company and its employees are kept aware of their regulatory obligations within their area of responsibility and changes thereof.
- Any necessary changes are made to conform within established timescales
- The MLRO shall be responsible for carrying out risk assessments, in line with the Policies and Procedures, measuring the threats and vulnerabilities of the Bank's operations to money laundering and funding of terrorism
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Financial Services related academic qualification
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services industry, payments sector experience will be considered a strong asset
- Adequate knowledge of Maltese regulatory framework, and hands on experience on the AML/CFT framework