9 months ago
25 Oct 00:00
A licensed Financial Institution that offers a range of payment services across multiple channels, is seeking to recruit a Merchant Underwriting Executive for their Malta operations.
- Review of new merchant applications with the objective of understanding the business model identifying the financial and fraud risks that the Company may be exposed to.
- Suggesting merchant terms with a view of mitigating potential financial losses and setting policies that should be adopted when underwriting merchants from the respective industries.
- Keeping updated with the latest updates in the various card scheme rules and regulations.
- Liaising with shareholders to understand and explain the risk exposed by new and existing merchants.
- Preparation of regular reports for internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the explanation of risk findings.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in a risk/credit risk function, preferably in payments or banking. Experience in credit risk within a payment acquirer or in the review of business plans for the provision of commercial loans will be considered a strong asset.
- A diploma level of qualification in banking, finance or management.
- Possess sharp analytical skills.
- High proficiency in verbal and written English.