about 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A leading bank in Malta is currently looking for a loan accounting officer to join its finance department. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for the financial reporting of products within the international corporate lending business including new products and strategies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing daily and monthly management reporting for the business
- Working closely with the business team to understand transactions executed, market developments and new business activity
- Supporting the analysis, process changes and implementation of new products and strategies
- Working with the credit analysts and risk management teams to understand current processes and procedures and recommend improvements to the product control infrastructure
- Ensuring compliance with IFRS9 requirements for all products including expected credit losses, accounting classification and measurement and relevant disclosures
- Reviewing general ledger transactions related to daily activity and trading of financial instruments for a large portfolio of senior secured loans, revolving credit facilities and other new products
- Performing periodic reviews of loan accounting system data integrity
- Assisting with the preparation of comprehensive analysis on movements in securities and detailed analytical review of Income Statement and Balance Sheet captions, for each reporting period
- Assisting with the drafting of interim and annual financial statements pursuant to International Financial Reporting Standards and the Group accounting policies
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or fully qualified through ACCA
- A good understanding of financial products