6 months ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
About Insurance & Pensions Supervision
The Insurance and Pensions Supervision is responsible for the prudential supervision of insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, retirement schemes, retirement funds and retirement service providers. The team employs professionals with a varied background and comprises skills relating to insurance, pensions, accounting, legal, quantitative analysis, actuarial, compliance and others.
The eventual appointee will be joining the Regulatory and Legal team and will be reporting to the Senior Legal Officer - Regulatory & Legal within the Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit.
The individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
• The development of legislation relating to insurance and pensions licence holders to address market developments and legislative changes arising from EU Legislation in these sectors.
• A marked level of involvement in work related to the periodic reviews of Insurance and Pensions related legislation and Rules. It also involves the active monitoring of local and foreign developments and issues that would give rise to this exercise.
• S/he will also be involved in work related to preparing responses with regards to European institutions’ legislative proposals as well as eventual transposition into Maltese legislation.
• Assisting with compliance issues emanating from the ongoing supervision process of insurance and pensions services licence holders and of licensed retirement schemes.
• Provide support to the Unit in relation to the application of laws, regulations and rules relating to Insurance and Pensions.
• Any other ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
• S/he may also be involved in on-site compliance visits.
• To attend sittings at the Tribunal and Court with the Legal function, as necessary.
We are looking for lawyers in possession of a warrant to practice the legal profession in Malta, with a sound knowledge of financial services legislation and familiarity with the financial services regulatory framework. A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered as an advantage.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
The applicant should also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in a legal environment, ideally in a related area. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.