2 months ago
07 Apr 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A well established institution is seeking to employ a Legal Officer, who will be reporting to the Senior Legal Officer.
The Legal Officer will be working within the team responsible for working with insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, retirement schemes, retirement funds and retirement service providers.
Job duties include:
- Legislative work relating to insurance and pensions licence holders to address market developments and legislative changes arising from EU Legislation in these sectors
- Involvement in work related to the periodic reviews of Insurance and Pensions related legislation and Rules, including active monitoring of local and foreign developments and issues that would give rise to this exercise
- Assisting in preparation of responses with regards to European legislative proposals
- Assisting with compliance issues emanating from the ongoing supervision process of insurance and pension firms and of retirement schemes
- Involvement in on-site compliance visits
- To attend Court sittings, as necessary
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Warrant to practice the legal profession in Malta, with a sound knowledge of financial services legislation and familiarity with the financial services regulatory framework
- An academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level
- Minimum of three (3) years working in a legal environment, preferably in a related area