Attractive Salary Package
4 days ago
30 Jun 00:00
One of Europe’s leading insurance companies with operations across UK, Finland, Germany Switzerland and Malta - is seeking to employ a Legal Executive, who will be located in the Malta office.
Job duties include:
- To act as Company Secretary for Boards of Risk Carriers and Holding Companies in Malta incl. keeping comprehensive, consistent and relevant minutes.
- To act as Company Secretary at other Committees of the Board
- To organise and manage all company legal, contractual and regulatory paperwork and maintain the relevant database
- To ensure compliance with each company’s Articles, and Memorandum of Association.
- Provide commercial and contract legal advice in respect of suppliers and business partners, as well as advising on other generalist contractual matters.
- To help undertake restructuring of legal entities, including providing advice, reviewing legal
- documents and the control of legal process timetables.
- Advising the management team on general legal and jurisdictional matters.
- To assist the Risk & Compliance function in identifying risk factors arising from potential deals and suggesting potential controls to mitigate the risks.
- To work with the Risk & Compliance function to ensure and demonstrate that the risk management system is well integrated into the organisational structure and in the decision-making processes of the business.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a similar role in the insurance industry.
- Law Degree; locally warranted lawyers will be given preference
- In-depth knowledge of the Malta Companies Act.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to talk at board-level and explain complex issues simply.
- The candidate must be prepared to travel to other European offices within the group as well as participating in oversees meetings, seminars and conferences.