Attractive Salary Package
4 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
One of Europe’s leading insurance companies with operations across UK, Finland, Germany Switzerland and Malta - is seeking to employ a Legal Executive, who will be located in the Malta office.
Job duties include:
- To act as Company Secretary for Boards of Risk Carriers and Holding Companies in Malta incl. keeping comprehensive, consistent and relevant minutes.
- To act as Company Secretary at other Committees of the Board
- To organise and manage all company legal, contractual and regulatory paperwork and maintain the relevant database
- To ensure compliance with each company’s Articles, and Memorandum of Association.
- Provide commercial and contract legal advice in respect of suppliers and business partners, as well as advising on other generalist contractual matters.
- To help undertake restructuring of legal entities, including providing advice, reviewing legal
- documents and the control of legal process timetables.
- Advising the management team on general legal and jurisdictional matters.
- To assist the Risk & Compliance function in identifying risk factors arising from potential deals and suggesting potential controls to mitigate the risks.
- To work with the Risk & Compliance function to ensure and demonstrate that the risk management system is well integrated into the organisational structure and in the decision-making processes of the business.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a similar role in the insurance industry.
- Law Degree; locally warranted lawyers will be given preference
- In-depth knowledge of the Malta Companies Act.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to talk at board-level and explain complex issues simply.
- The candidate must be prepared to travel to other European offices within the group as well as participating in oversees meetings, seminars and conferences.