10 months ago
01 Jun 00:00
You will partner closely with the rest of the organisation and be responsible for the structuring and drafting (as well as providing assistance where necessary in the negotiation) of a variety of commercial agreements and documents relating to commercial transactions involving Betsson Group’s business.
- You will be responsible for advising and counselling the rest of the organisation on a wide-range of legal issues and regulatory matters associated with their commercial operations, with an emphasis on structuring and implementation of complex business transactions. More generally, you identify legal issues, provide analysis of legal risks and create and implement solutions structured to achieve business objectives efficiently.
- You will assist in building a scalable foundation for the Legal team including developing templates, implementing processes and developing other proactive initiatives. If required, you will prepare and deliver legal training programs for the business to enhance compliance and avoid litigation.
- You will effectively retain and manage outside legal counsel to ensure cost-effective representation.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
You get to be at the sharp end of the business and the organization heavily depend on us and our advice. The legal and compliance department is a highly trusted function in this big company. You will join a tight knit team in a fun environment with people from different background.
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always fun! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Negotiating, drafting and closing complex commercial transactions and have experience from this. You have 5+ years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 2 years in-house. You are a qualified lawyer (law degree/ LLM from a reputable European University).
- Providing quick, concise, and practical legal advice and to problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible
- English language – fluent both verbally and in writing.
- Dual-qualification, common and civil law jurisdiction is a plus.
- Admission to the Bar (or equivalent – for example, admission as a solicitor in England and Wales) of one of the jurisdictions of the European Union and/ or training in a highly regarded international law firm.
- Experience from technology or e-commerce sector.
- Individuals with experience in the payments and/ or online gaming sector whom have a sound basis in commercial contract drafting are preferred but should you have comparable experience in a different sector relating to commercial drafting, then you will still be considered.