3 months ago
31 May 00:00
In a growing payments company, an opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel within their team in Malta. If you have relevant experience and are looking for career advancement this is your opportunity. You will be reporting to the Head of Legal and Compliance.
Job duties include:
- Contract review and drafting; Negotiating, drafting and overall management of agreements.
- Assisting the Commercial department alongside with the interpretation and drafting of the firm's NDAs, T&Cs and drafting of any ancillary agreements.
- Providing high quality, practical advice on all legal issues affecting the company.
- Providing day-to-day legal support to the Commercial Team.
- Handling of disputes and complaints that arise from time to time including attending court sitting and the preparation of judicial acts as the need arises.
- Assisting the Product team with contractual needs (suppliers and product offerings).
- Supporting the Senior Legal Counsel and the Head of Legal and Compliance.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Fluent in English (and preferably Maltese also but not mandatory).
- Presentation skills.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- A good team player, capable of leading in a fast-paced pressured environment maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to deal efficiently with different internal departments and external counterparts.
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks.
- 2-3 years' working experience as an advocate (preferably in the banking and payments industry).
- Law degree.
- A warrant to practice at the Maltese Courts of Justice shall be considered an asset.