over 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A well established industrial group of companies is seeking to recruit an in house Senior Legal Counsel.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Senior Legal Counsel facilitates the preparation, review, and negotiation of agreements. This position will act as a central point of contact for the Company with internal business clients, provide assistance in reviewing, drafting, preparing, formatting, and administering contracts and template forms, and assist in creating, socializing and implementing new processes, procedures, policies, and best practices for the contract review cycle.
Job duties include:
- Act as initial point of contact with internal business clients. Answer questions from internal business clients regarding internal processes, templates, etc. Conduct legal and/or business research and provide timely and relevant information and respond to legal inquiries.
- Provide assistance in reviewing, drafting, preparing, formatting, and administering contracts and template forms; organize and gather information for contract drafting and following up on outstanding contract issues or status, etc. This may include meeting with appropriate business units, outside agencies, and contracting parties to facilitate and expedite contract resolution and execution.
- Assist in creating, socializing and implementing new processes, procedures, policies, and best practices for the contract review cycle. Managing the various software technologies used by the group, including the legal contracts library.
- Oversee property contracting and leasing arrangements for the companies within the group, including arrangements for the procurement or disposal of property and infrastructural assets.
- Provide legal guidance and assist in handling issues relating to various legislative areas relevant to the Group including, inter alia, Customs, Health, Import / Export, etc.
- Assist during VAT audits and similar exercises which may arise from time to time, providing the legal dimension as required.
- Actively contribute to any M&A activity including oversight of the legal work streams, coordination and collaboration with Legal and Tax consultants that may be roped in, and providing insight on the legal issues relevant to the transaction as may be required.
- Other duties as assigned, such as assisting with work flow submitted for review by internal clients; updating template forms; generating and distributing reports; and training business clients on processes and policies.
- Co-ordinate with overseas legal consultants regarding trademark issues (including registration, counterfeit products etc), distributorship agreements, court cases, and other legal issues.
- Conduct Secretarial work with respect to Board Meetings, annual returns and other submissions to Registrar of Companies
- Oversight of GDPR Compliance
- Support the negotiation, compilation and execution of agreements with third parties as necessary, with respect to supply of services, emphyteutical agreements with ME / MIP, etc
- Oversee any necessary KYC and due diligence checks on existing and potential customers and / or suppliers, including checking against sanction listings.
- Assist with overseas regulatory compliance checks for the Company’s various products. Such checks are required to verify that the product complies with the respective country’s legal requirements with respect to ingredients, processes and packaging, and the Legal Counsel will be expected to collaborate with an existing technical team in this respect.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- 5 -10 years relevant experience in a corporate legal department or law firm preferred
- Previous experience in assisting counsel with handling, reviewing and revising any or all of the following considered an asset: contracts, confidentiality agreements, M&A activity, tax related matters, customs legislation, import / export legislation, food health legislation etc
- Law Degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to take initiative to build relationships and successfully work in a team environment
- Good business judgment and initiative and the ability to take independent and decisive action, and to know when to seek advice
- Capability to manage and impart confidential information
- High professional ethics
- Strong interpersonal skills