6 days ago
A leading Maltese financial institution offering a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers is seeking to employ a Legal Counsel for its advisory unit. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Legal.
Job duties include:
- Support the development and overseeing of a variety of business processes;
- Structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements
- Support the resolution of issues arising from commercial relationships;
- Draft legal documentation as required;
- Together with· the Head of Legal Department engage with external stakeholders;
- Provide legal counsel across the organization;
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Full fluency in English (both written and verbal).
- Readiness to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Have strong knowledge of banking/corporate/financial services laws and regulations;
- Hold a University degree in Law, with a warrant to practice as an advocate in Malta;
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably within the banking or financial services sector (previous experience with regulatory or international institution will be considered to be an asset).