6 months ago
25 Feb 00:00
We are looking for a high calibre legal professional to join our Legal & Regulatory Affairs Team in Malta. The Legal Counsel will form part of this team reporting to the Legal & Regulatory Affairs Manager. The Legal & Regulatory Affairs team is responsible for managing Legal & Regulatory risks of the company and the Legal Counsel will together with the team be responsible for ensuring that the company operates according to the highest ethical, legal and compliance standards. The Legal Counsel will also provide legal & regulatory support and advice across various departments including assisting in supporting all activities across Vodafone that involve processing of personal data.
Key Accountabilities/Key Activities:
Point of Contact for day-to-day contractual reviews, negotiations and drafting including amongst others:
- Non-Disclosure Agreements/Confidentiality Agreements.
- Software licences.
- Service Agreements.
- Service Terms and Conditions
- Data Processing Agreements.
- Amendments to/extension of existing agreements.
- Internal/ service contracts (including leases, suppliers, facilities etc.).
Drafting/Review of internal and external Company's and Group Policies for the compliance with local legal requirements and reporting findings to management.
Advising the organisation:
- on compliance and regulatory requirements affecting the business. Including in relation to Privacy; Competition law and Anti-Bribery & Corruption Policies;
- on appropriate intellectual property protection measures;
- on commercial, as well as legal, aspects of transactions and negotiating with internal and counter party legal, commercial and procurement teams.
Management of disputes as and when they arise and providing disputes resolution advise, primarily but not limited to electronic communications matters; employment matters; infringement of IP; Data Protection matters and Consumer Affairs related issues.
Using or creating standard contract templates to prepare/agree other agreements (e.g. subcontracts, consultancy, agency and reseller agreement)
Research relevant legislation as required and monitor relevant legislation updates and legal notices.
Presentation of legal issues to management together with analysis, options and recommendations.
Ensure compliance with applicable regulations, EU Directives, regulatory policies and decisions regarding electronic communications and other related areas.
Provide advice to all Company departments in relation to legal & regulatory affairs, review of all types of legal documents, and collate information from within the Company’s various departments in relation to legal matters.
To negotiate and represent the Company interests in litigation and with Government regulatory authorities and any other fora as necessary.
Prepare responses and position papers related to consultations, new legislation and Regulations.
Prepare periodic risk assessments and proactively ensure that Company is prepared for Regulatory challenges and risks.
Reporting to various Intra Company departments as required and providing regular and ongoing progress reports to Vodafone Malta senior management and EXCO as required.
Manage relationship with relevant stakeholders as required including cooperating with external legal counsel on crucial issues of the Company.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Experience:
- Possess a Doctorate of Laws or a Legal Degree with a Master's;
- At least 2 years' experience as a commercial lawyer or similar;
- Experience in IT Law, Electronic Communications and Privacy Laws will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken Maltese and English.
- Must demonstrate commercial acumen.
- Proficient in MS-Office applications.
- Time-management, communication and writing skills as well as presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently and cooperate with different teams;
- Excellent analytical skills with the capacity of identifying all risks.