6 months ago
30 Apr 00:00
A well-known institution is looking for Legal and International Relations Officer to support its growing operations.
- Assisting the Legal and International Relations Section in:
- Advising the Director, Board of Governors and other Sections.
- Negotiating and drafting Memoranda of Understanding.
- Transposition of EU Directives and drafting of Laws.
- Implementing of procedures and guidance.
- Contribute to studies, legal positions and research papers conducted and drawn up.
- Liaise with government departments and agencies,other authorities and private entities on legal issues that may arise from time to time.
- Assist subject persons in relation to queries on interpretation of pertinent laws.
- Assist Compliance Section in compliance matters.
- Complete questionnaires in relation to studies undertake and documents provided by the EU, Egmont, MONEYVAL, FATF and other organisations.
- Keep up to date with current and new local and internation developments on prevention of money laundering.
- NQF - Level 7.
- Possession of LL.D. degree and a warrant to practice as an advocate in Malta.
- Should be well-versed in laws that govern the prevention of money laundering and financing terrorism in Malta.
- Knowledge of EU Directives and related domestic legislation that govern financial and ancillary services.
- Familiarity with the operations of the financial sector.
- Good communication skills in both Maltese and English.
- Previous experience will be considered an asset.