over 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A leading financial institution are looking to recruit a Legal and Compliance Officer to join their Legal and Compliance Unit. This Unit deals with both the Prevention of Financial Crimes as well as Regulatory Compliance.
- Identifying, documenting and assessing the compliance risk associated with the Bank's operational activities including the development of new products and business practices;
- Supporting with compliance related activities;
- Carrying out a diversified number of activities and tasks in relation to AML/CFT including monitoring of transactions for suspicious activities and drafting reports in relation to such transactions and guiding staff on AML and CFT matters;
- Carrying out preliminary impact analysis on specific legislation, implementing new legislation and reporting of FATCA/CRS
- Be self motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and have ability to multitask;
- Have a Degree at a tertiary level of education in financial services, accountancy, law, criminology or compliance;
- Having a Certificate/Diploma in AML/CFT, fraud detection and prevention, Fundamentals of Banking Legislation or Compliance will be considered an asset
- Have experience in a similar/related role is critical;
- Be proficient in both Maltese and English.