Attractive Salary Package
5 months ago
23 Nov 00:00
A well established igaming company is seeking to employ a Legal and Compliance Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring high level of compliance and operational risk control in accordance with the regulatory standards and policies.
Job duties include:
- Regulatory risk: Researching and remaining abreast of developments in multi-national regulatory online gambling regimes and ensuring mitigation of potential risk and/or compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Responsible Gambling: Developing and promoting compliant responsible gambling practices across the business.
- General compliance: Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by: keeping abreast of regulatory developments; systematically creating, updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals; providing effective advice, support and training across the business; managing regulatory reporting processes and liaising with authorities, and coordinating audits.
- Licensing: Obtaining and maintaining gaming licenses in several countries by managing license applications and ensuring compliance with licence conditions and requirements.
- AML: Ensuring compliance with multi-national anti-money laundering laws and sanctions, and assisting with the reporting of suspicious transactions.
- Customers: Updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing compliant customer terms and conditions, and advising in relation to customer complaints and disputes.
- Affiliates: Updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing compliant affiliate terms and conditions, and advising in relation to affiliate complaints and disputes.
- Suppliers: Drafting, reviewing and negotiating compliant contracts with games and payment services providers and other suppliers and maintaining systematic contracts management.
- Tax: Collaborating with the finance department to ensure timely and proper payment of gaming and other taxes across markets.
- Corporate: Assisting with changes to the corporate structure and other corporate matters and affairs.
- IP: Ensuring content and brand protection by registration, maintenance and renewal of intellectual property rights and by assisting in any IP disputes that may arise from time to time, and developing and implementing a domain name strategy
- General: Dealing with a variety of topics related to the operations of the company, acting as a service provider to and working in close collaboration with stakeholders within the business, and managing external legal services, paper and electronic filing and administrative procedures.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A Lawyer with a few years of experience in some of the areas outlined above
- You are self-motivated able to take ownership in a dynamic environment with a positive, ‘can-do’ mindset
- You are organised and take pride in being quality oriented with a keen eye for detail and coming up with creative solutions
- You are approachable and an effective communicator able to communicate across all levels of the business and influence key internal and external stakeholders, and provide expert advice to support the strategic agenda
- Self motivated and a solution seeker with an optimistic approach
- Enjoys working with people and building relationships
- Able to display a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Down to earth and a life - long learner