19 days ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
The Insurance and Pensions Supervision is responsible for the prudential supervision of insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, retirement schemes, retirement funds and retirement service providers. The team employs professionals with a varied background and comprises skills relating to insurance, pensions, accounting, legal, quantitative analysis, actuarial, compliance and others.
The eventual appointee will be joining the Regulatory and Legal team and will be reporting to the Senior Manager - Regulatory & Legal within the Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit.
The individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
· The development of legislation relating to insurance and pensions licence holders to address market developments and legislative changes arising from EU Legislation in these sectors.
· A marked level of involvement in work related to the periodic reviews of Insurance and Pensions related legislation and Rules. It also involves the active monitoring of local and foreign developments and issues that would give rise to this exercise.
· S/he will also be involved in work related to preparing responses with regards to European institutions’ legislative proposals as well as eventual transposition into Maltese legislation.
· Assisting with compliance issues emanating from the ongoing supervision process of insurance and pensions services licence holders and of licensed retirement schemes.
· Any other ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
We are looking for lawyers in possession of a warrant to practice the legal profession in Malta, with a sound knowledge of financial services legislation and familiarity with the financial services regulatory framework. A relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered as an advantage.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.