8 days ago
A well-established insurance company based in Malta is currently seeking to recruit a System Administrator who will protect company critical information, systems, assets, provide second-line support to end-users, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, provide training, and assist in the development of an overall IT Strategy.
- Perform an audits of the systems, including all backups.
- Monitor data center health using pre-existing management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise.
- Help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed.
- Working with the IT service desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting and provide technical support when needed.
- Perform server administration tasks, security permissions, group policies and print services. Research event log warnings and errors.
Skills and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology and/or Professional certifications
- Proven work experience in IT
- Strong communication skills, both oral and writing, fluent in English
Be familiar with the below technologies:
- VMware Virtualisation
- Citrix XenAPP and XenDesktop
- Oracle and SQL Databases
- Windows Operating Systems
- Office 365
- Aruba , Juniper , Checkpoint network and security devices
- HP Storage and Servers
- VEEAM Backup solution
- High Performance Computing
- Cisco Video Conferencing