about 2 months ago
An international bank is seeking to employ an IT Senior Systems Analyst. The future candidate will convert the business requirements into technical specifications and deliverables and determined how the functionality is to be achieved and implemented using CASE analysis and tools.
- To carry out all assigned tasks efficiently and effectively, in adherence with internal policies and procedures.
- To participate in the design and implementation of process improvements for the team.
- To participate in periodic system reviews to identify possible gaps and process inconsistencies and propose re-alignment strategies including the necessary training programmes.
- To liaise with the business analyst/s and/or client/s to ensure compliance with business requirements and agreed specifications.
- Design technical solution to achieve business objectives and document all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Validate and further develop functional requirements into technical requirements/specifications.
- Derive non-functional requirements from a technical perspective (server uptime, bandwidth, network, etc).
- Derive technical requirements/specifications.
- Conduct technical impact assessment & determine dependencies (systems, architecture, data architecture, infrastructure, IT security perspective).
- Preparing cost benefits and analysis reports for upgrades.
- To participate in the implementation of the system/s by handling the required system configuration, parameterisation and other implementation tasks.
- To assist in Second line support to end-users by handling IT-related incidents or service requests that are related to parameterisation in adherence with incident and service request fulfilment policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all incidents and service requests assigned to him/her that are related to parameterisation are handled promptly and effectively within agreed service levels.
- To participate in post implementation reviews to fine tune parameterisation and assess potential for improvements.
- To build relationships and liaise with various stakeholders across the business to ensure cohesion and drive a collaborative work environment.
- To make sure that governance practices are adopted and adhered to within the systems analysis function.
- To liaise, work and guide external systems analysts in order to achieve faster resolution of bugs and system changes.
- To provide recommendations for prioritization of IT initiatives based on understanding of business needs, IT Systems Analysis workload, Application Architecture and budget.
- To perform any duties that may be assigned to him/her from line management from time to time.
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies.
- Have minimum 2 years’ experiences.
- Working knowledge of:
- Systems Analysis and Software Development
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Analysis and Design using UML diagrams
- Customer Driven with an ability to prioritise issues based on impact
- A diploma in IT.