5 months ago
An insurance brand providing partnering authorized agencies with solid insurance solutions that fulfil the needs of the joint customers in the agencies’ home markets in the EU is currently looking for an Internal Auditor to join its team.
- To develop and embed the mechanisms and processes for internal audit that correspond to the complexity, nature and size of the Company.
- Conduct the periodic review of the key risks and the effective application of the internal control system;
- Assess the Risk Management Function as regards the adequacy and effectiveness of its control procedures;
- To provide assurance on the proper design and implementation of the internal control system and where weaknesses are identified, utilise its work to improve the Company’s internal control system;
- To provide assurance on the observance of guidelines, policies and processes and on the System of Governance of the Company
- Assist management in the identification of new risks through the course of their independent programme of Internal Audits as documented within the Internal Audit Plan
- To assist or carry out other special ad hoc tasks requested by the Company and not previously included in the Internal Audit Plan.
- To develop an internal audit plan for each calendar year to be presented to the Board of Directors of the Company prior to implementation.
Skills and Experience
- Accounting, audit or financial services qualification from a reputable professional or tertiary education institution
- Experience in an audit environment relive to an insurance business
- Good understanding of the nature and dynamics of Risk and financial markets where the market context is highly complex, rapidly changing or is unprecedented
- Good skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, advanced analytical skills
- Ability to work and coordinate with any outsourced functions relative to this role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the insurance market, underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local regulatory environments and guidelines
- Not afraid to take responsibility
- Ability to recommend and drive change
- IT savvy; very interested and keen on IT developments that can be used to improve processes and/or results
- Availability for travel abroad to meet and/or audit clients/partnering agents