over 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Duties shall include:
- The participation in risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
- Exhibit the highest level of professional objectivity in gathering, evaluating and communicating information about the activity or process being examined.
- Assist in performing internal audit services in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or unit within established/required timeline.
- Assist in communicating findings to senior management; prepare and present reports that reflect audit findings.
- Monitor and asses the implementation status of agreed audit recommendations and report thereon to the Director of Internal Audit.
- Provide appropriate independent advice regarding governance, risk management and internal control processes for the better functioning of the company.
- Assist in internal or external investigations of identified or alleged fraudulent activities, theft and corrupt practices with the company in accordance with the Anti-Fraud Policy.
- Maintain open communication within the Internal Audit Unit, with the statutory external auditors of the company and to provide the assistance and reliance required for the fulfillment of the statutory audit of the company.
- Exercise the highest professional care in carrying out audit engagements and shall, as a minimum, observe the Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding audit rules, best practices and techniques.
- Solid academic background in Accounting/Auditing/Finance/Management or a related qualification.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification
- Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre(MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in a related area.
- Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least 7 years of relevant experience in a related area, we would still be interested in speaking with you.