almost 2 years ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Our client who is within the Financial Services Sector is looking to recruit an Internal Audit Officer.
- Executing internal audit work within set time frames, maintaining adequate documentation and providing assistance in the compilation of audit work programmes;
- Examining the efficiency and effectiveness of Group operations including non-financial cycles;
- Mapping systems, identifying weaknesses and providing efficient business recommendations to improve upon existing internal corporate governance structures and internal control procedures within the Group;
- Reporting to his/her senior and assisting in the execution of the Internal Audit Plan;
- Performing other related duties as assigned to support the work of the Internal Audit Unit.
Education & Qualification:
- A recognised University Degree or equivalent;
- Work experience in accounting, mathematical or statistical fields preferably within the financial services industry will be considered as an asset.
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Insurance and/or Financial Services;
- Knowledge of Accounting with a background in IFRS’s;
- A person who is professional, assertive, innovative, creative and must possess good oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills;
- Able to work on own initiative, handle unrelated, non-routine jobs and must be IT literate;
- Able to interpret the results of numerical analysis;
- Able to apply data analysis and data modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes.
- Very good knowledge of English and Maltese language.