about 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A Well-established insurance company is currently seeking to recruit an insurance accountant who will be responsible for the day to day accounting functions of the company and who shall be reporting to the chief accountant of the company.
- Responsible for the day to day accounting functions of the company;
- Prepare month/ quarter end financial accounting transactions;
- Prepare reconciliations and maintain accounts balances exposures;
- Prepare payments and bank account reconciliations;
- Assist in VAT returns;
- Prepare monthly reports to the group for the consolidated statements;
- Assisting in the update and implementation of changes to Accounting policies including IFRS 17 accounting standard;
- Ensuring internal and financial controls framework is in place;
- Undertake other adhoc assignments and project work as delegated by management.
- Fully qualified accountant;
- Experience within a financial institution;
- Experience within a similar environment would be considered as an asset;
- Be able to take initiative and also to work around tight deadlines;
- Be able to work under pressure.