over 1 year ago
03 Feb 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Vodafone’s Information Security team is seeking to recruit a highly talented and motivated security administrator/engineer. This is a role within the Information Security Team, reporting directly to the CTSO, within an internationally recognised Telecommunications provider.
The role offers the opportunity to work with the latest technologies for a leading brand. The ideal candidate will make sure that the company and customer data are protected and secured to the highest standard while minimizing friction and maximizing productivity.
The primary responsibility of the security engineer would be to drive and support the maintenance and improvement of our security standards. To perform this this role s/he would be responsible for:
- Performing regular penetration testing and vulnerability scanning activities
- Perform day to day security vetting on user access requests
- Implement and manage ways to regularly scan for, find and fix security problems/vulnerabilities
- Monitoring the current threat landscape and uncovering new vulnerabilities and risks and consequently reporting and mitigating them
- Handling security alerts, events and security incidents including the corresponding analysis results
- Make intelligent decisions around prioritization of efforts based on risk
- Perform security assessments of anything from a physical system to a complex web application
- Assess processes and audit systems to ensure and maintain compliance to PCI DSS and GDPR
- Liaise with Internal and External auditors to carry out audits and identify areas of improvement
- Efficiently manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Develop and maintain security documentation, including policies and other project deliverables
- Assisting in the information security awareness, training, and educational activities for all company personnel
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the relevant technical field and/or specialised security certification
- Information Security relevant certifications (e.g. CCNA Security, Security+, CISSP)
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, with good level knowledge of Linux, UNIX and Windows
- Strong background in host, network and application security
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and network services such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.
- Experience working with Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, SIEM, Anti Malware solutions
- Familiarity with EU General Data Protection regulation (GDPR)
- Experience with maintaining PCI DSS compliance considered an asset
- Expertise with a scripting language to develop own tools as required
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and the threat landscape
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of liaising with external auditors is preferable