10 months ago
05 Sep 00:00
Independent and possessing more than twenty years' experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an exceptional individual to join Alter Domus’ Senior Management team in Malta. As a Team Leader within the Corporate Services Department and also Head of Tax Services you will occupy a key role in the organisation, manage a large team of talented individuals and take ultimate responsibility for a portfolio of high profile clients. Your role will include the following responsibilities:
- You will be responsible to lead taxation services and manage various operations of the tax practice areas in the areas of direct and indirect taxes and to deliver quality tax services to our clients;
- You will serve as an advisor and trainer to employees for tax related queries;
- The experience you acquired in the past along with your strong organisational skills, your sound judgment and ability to prioritise tasks as well as your strong personality will provide for the ideal team leader. Under your guidance, the team of 10-15 employees will grow and evolve thanks to good listening skills, adapted coaching and planning;
- As the central point of contact for your clients, capable of identifying and anticipating possible problem areas, you will be able to accurately measure potential risks, and, therefore you will be able to offer suitable solutions to the client and satisfy their needs;
- You will be the person who guarantees all operational aspects of the account and ensures accuracy in the administrative, fiscal, and legal maintenance of the client account as well as quality control;
- You will manage the relationships with other key players in the industry, including auditors, law firms and banks;
- You will engage with Alter Domus colleagues in other locations and promote a “one team” culture and support the objectives of the local office and Alter Domus Group.
- Qualified and warranted Accountant with over 10 years of relevant work experience in the fields of Taxation (direct and indirect) Audit or Corporate Services;
- Expert in the field of local and international tax;
- Ability to lead, mentor, motivate and develop a large team of staff;
- Excellent knowledge of local financial markets, structures and regulations;
- Commitment to quality and the management of business risks with a proven track record of taking initiative and overseeing projects from start to completion.