9 months ago
04 Oct 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Head of Payments and Risk
A local firm looking to be regulated under the new Virtual Financial Assets Act as a Service Provider is looking to add the role of Head of Payments and Risk to its current management structure responsible for the company's strategic implementation of the payments and security framework policies and procedures, as well as oversee day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate must have good knowledge of the different payment service options and also help to identify potential areas of risk. It is also expected that the he/she will have full control and run the department efficiently while also maintaining integrity, customer focus and company goals while also ensuring any potential risks are mitigated and fraud losses are minimised.
Role and responsibilities:
- Report to the Director and Board focusing on strategy implementation
- Overseeing the payments processing function
- Introduce the company with potential new payment options leads and aid the overall business development function
- Ownership, negotiation and management of payment and fraud third party relationships, including: banks, PSPs, verification providers, acquirers and other entities as required
- Training, guiding, and providing leadership to customer support agents
- Assist the MLRO in identifying suspicious behaviour and transactions and in reviewing or filing suspicious transaction reports
- Be involved in planning and implementing of security measures designed to limit the likelihood of risk activities taking place through the company's services
- Provides to the Board with reports, analytics and performance of the payments whilst driving and implementing current and future key projects linked to Payments and Risk measures
- Timely deal with queries raised from external sources such as the company’s VFA agent, system auditor, FIAU, MFSA and any other body
- Writing of internal policies and procedures including but not limited to the areas of business continuity, information, data and access management
- Other miscellaneous functions if and when required
- Fluent English speaker with previous experience in a similar role with a proven track record of coaching and developing people
- An overall interest in Cryptocurrency and VFA regulation
- Sound knowledge of current laws, regulations, and common practices in Payments and Risk
- Lead and support key projects and initiatives, and effectively communicate strategies across the Team, Department and Business