€55,000 to €75,000
5 months ago
21 Dec 00:00
A company offering multiple services mainly airline and aviation is currently looking for a Head of Finance to join its team, reporting to the CFO you will be responsible for
- The preparation of consolidated financial statements including monthly management accounts, interim and year-end financial statements.
- Overseeing Accounts payable. Receivable, tax, treasury, Financial and management and accounting functions.
- Play a leading role in the financial reporting process of the company
- Presentation of financial results and analysis to internal committees and senior management
- Recruitment, training, mentoring and development of staff,
- Ensure that there are financial control policies and processes as well as preventive measures, in place to track manage and report company’s financial resources
- Manage the budget cycle
- Cash flow management, ensuring here are appropriate /effective treasury controls
- Preparation of investment appraisals, feasibility studies and business plans
- Planning and controlling costs
- Regulatory and statutory reporting in compliance with the MFSA and Malta stock exchange
- Risk Management to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place,
- Work constructively with the company’s appointed internal and external auditors so as to optimize the relationship and facilitate communication between two parties.
Skills and experience
- The ideal candidate must be a fully qualified accountant
- Must possess a minimum of three years of experience working in a similar role carrying similar responsibilities
- Sound working knowledge of MS excel, PowerPoint and a leading ERP system
- Must possess previous experience and good knowledge of IFRS
- Must have a good command of spoken and written English and Maltese