10 months ago
28 Jun 00:00
The Head of Development role facilitates the delivery of high quality software products, empowers teams and people to make the biggest impact possible for the company while reaching their professional development goals. Has the ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, Infrastructure, Business and Software Engineering as well as focusing on managing stakeholder expectations and relationships within and between teams.
- Drive key retention and recruitment initiatives to hire the best engineers and keep them engaged and focused.
- Creates participation and commitment in the organization through an open and non-hierarchical leadership. Is responsive to new ideas and allows employees to take responsibility and make decisions.
- Transform the software development organisations to shift to modern cross functional ways of working
- Evangelize the kind of leadership that is required to become a fast paced development organisation that's truly are working in accordance to the LEAN and Agile methodologies.
- Build and maintain a relationship with teams, leaders, and business stakeholders and ensures there is free flowing information between them.
- Create and manage an environment which empowers the teams to create good products in a fast pace and enable them to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Build relationships between development teams, development centers, product owners, and business units.
- Overall recruitment of open positions within development in Malta, including sourcing and managing 3rd parties and consultants, both remote and onsite.
- Administration of recruitment, travel requests, opex/capex reporting, budget proposals.
- Working with team leads, establish and monitor KPIs and SLAs for delivery, operations and performance.
- Daily management of development teams, such as development talks, Competence improvements and performance evaluation
- Work with other resources to manage cross site initiatives such as:
- Align teams on working best practices.
- Align recruitment across locations, including job descriptions, capabilities, process and acceptance criteria.
- Alignment of development, qa and team lead role and responsibilities.
- Career path for technical resources.
- Automation adoption.
- SDLC optimisation, tooling, and metrics, identify, sponsor and drive process
- Project level management of cross-team dependencies and large scale product initiatives (Status, Testing, Release Planning etc.).
- Facilitate deep dives into delivery practices to highlight and eliminate impediments.
- Ensure Root Cause Analysis are performed, Retrospective and Continuous Improvement mindsets are adopted by all teams.
- Facility technical innovation, collaboration between teams and guide decision making between the teams and the architectural owners.
- Proven ability to coach teams and leaders and support them to be able help each other
- Has a natural and obvious leadership profile with confident leadership that provides a clear direction and make things happen.
- Has a natural ability to include, inspire, enthuse and create good team spirit by encouraging collaboration and communication in diversified teams and between departments.
- A prestigious person who is a role model for the department and the company and always has the company's and employees' best interests in focus.
- Objectives and results oriented with a genuine interest in software development, product development and change management, as well as keep up to date about the outside world.
- Ability to work autonomously with good strategic and analytical ability. Anchors, executes and execute strategies and plans.
- Proven skill at balancing technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen.
- Has a good knowledge and understanding of LEAN and Agile and when to use what.
- Passion for continual improvement, developing products and delivering business value.
- High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment.
- Expertise in software development methodologies, and appropriate tool-sets.
- Ability to work remotely with technical teams spread through Europe.
- Proven ability to help teams identify and attack areas of risk within the development, document and present this along with solution proposals, and rolling out processes and standards to address quality concerns.
- Experience applying quality and productivity metrics in an agile environment to improve software quality.
- Experience introducing and optimising automation to multiple teams (BDD, TDD).
- Understanding of test strategy, optimisation and hold a quality mindset.