55,000 - 65,000 Euro
about 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Head of Compliance and MLRO will be advising clients on ensuring compliance with all statutory filings, maintenance of good corporate governance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Job duties include:
- Ensuring that the organisation remains compliant with internal and external compliance and AML requirements, regulations , directives and legislation
- Overseeing the administration of compliance processes, ensuring that client files are reviewed on a regular basis through ongoing monitoring
- Drafting, maintaining, assessing and updating the companies compliance and AML framework to ensure that all required standards are met and that any updates in policies and procedures are communicated to staff members effectively
- Acting as the organisation’s MLRO and compliance officer, ensuring that the organization is compliant with all the organisation’s regulatory requirements, AML/CFT controls, reporting any suspicious activity to the relevant authorities and assisting in investigations.
- Developing and overseeing the client on-boarding process, ensuring that all due diligence and KYC check are carried out on prospective and existing clients.
- Developing and implementing the organisation’s compliance monitoring programme
- Carrying out risk assessments;
- Ensuring that employees adhere to required policies and procedures
- Developing and delivering adequate AML training to staff members
- Keeping updated on any changes in any relevant laws and regulations and taking necessary actions to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Acting as the organisation’s primary point of contact for any compliance related matters
- Preparing and delivering internal reports to the and senior management
- Handling regulatory reporting to the MFSA, FIAU and other entities. Ensuring that all reports are accurate and that they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the business risk assessment and reporting significant risks to the Directors and senior management
- Strong regulatory background with a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role, within a financial services environment
- Extensive knowledge of AML, FATCA and CRS, and compliance - related directives and procedures
- Candidates must be recognised as 'fit and proper' by the MFSA (PQ'd)
- Applicants would need hold suitable compliance qualifications