about 1 month ago
A licensed Financial Institution, authorised to offer an attractive portfolio of payment solutions as well as e-money products is currently looking for a Head of AML and Compliance to join, on a full-time basis, their international team in Malta. If you are a dedicated and skilful professional wishing to work in an environment that rewards competence, then then this the perfect role for you.
Job duties include:
- Ensure that the Company is at all time operating within the terms of its license conditions and other applicable laws, directives and regulations, as well as in terms of its policies and procedures
- Implementing and monitoring the Compliance Function by working closely with other department heads
- Reporting on a regular basis to the Board of Directors, CEO and applicable Board Committee on the progress of implementation, and assisting these components in establishing methods to improve efficiency and quality of services, and to reduce the vulnerability to fraud and abuse
- Developing, coordinating and participating in training and raising awareness on AML across the company
- Coordinating internal compliance and AML/CFT reviews, including periodic reviews
- Responding to investigations and queries as the principal point of contact for all competent authorities; To liaise with MFSA, FIAU and other regulatory authorities where required.To draft and design relevant policies and procedures
- To be engaged and manage the applicable AML&CFT Business Risk Assessment
- To compile and file the Suspicious Transaction Report, as and when the situation arises
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Pro-active person with a can-do and decisive approach
- The ideal candidate should be in possession of a higher degree from a recognised educational body in Law and/or Finance/Banking
- Experience in a similar management role within a licensed payments environment (with the EU/EEA) for at least the past five (5) consecutive
- Ability to take ownership of tasks on an individual and team basis, as applicable.
- Good team player able to establish effective relationships, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Be computer literate and experienced in the use of MS Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Candidates already in possession of a valid PQ with MFSA will be given preference