4 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A well-established local financial services firm is currently seeking to recruit a head of department within the accounting department.
- Supports organization financial objectives by providing financial analyses and recommendations and directing staff
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations for strategic thinking and direction, and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies, designing systems, accumulating resources, resolving problems, and implementing change
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information, and advising departments on the collection and analysis of data
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations, presenting tax strategies to management, and filing returns
- Maximizes sales margins by recommending product and service pricing policies
- Managing the workflow
- Other duties which might be required from time to time
- At least 5 years of solid and hands-on experience in a similar environment
- CPA warrant holder and ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Highly motivated and with an eye for detail
- Good Communication skills in English