over 1 year ago
28 Feb 00:00
Liquid error: internal
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Our Client, a reputed digital e-commerce agency, with global reach and experience, is looking to hire a General Manager who will run the Mauritius-based office by taking full P&L responsibility of the business unit.
The incumbent will manage the office strategically as a global service centre providing 24/7 support and systems administration as well as Software Development and QA resources for customers or other offices of the Group worldwide, as well as direct to clients.
Reporting to the Group CEO, the successful candidate shall responsible to supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the company by being a high growth technology innovator, a full fledge enterprise tech leader and a seasoned international business developer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans by ensuring their alignment with short, medium and long term objectives
- Formulate business Strategy, turn-around policies and fast track expansion
- Oversee all operations and business activities by ensuring desired results and consistency with the overall strategy and mission
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important stakeholders
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the Tech markets and industry and keep close relationships with relevant industry actors
- Interact closely with the Managemnt Team and be a part of the decision making committee on future growth and development of the organization
- Serve as a resource and mentor for current and future employees
- Improve services process and align teams into providing excellence to customers - internal or external.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post Graduate Degree holder in an IT related field coupled with a Management degree
- Minimum of 7 years of proven experience as Business leader or in a managerial position
- Preferably evolving in a Tech environment over the past 10 years
- Proven track record in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong skills in financial analysis, risk management and human resources management
- Ability to liaise with key stake holders including, Board members, investors, regulators, bankers and industry associations
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, excellent communication and public speaking aptitudes
- Be well versed with new technologies, service delivery centre in 24/7 mindset or Business continuity
- Good knowledge of Risk and Project Management